O‘ Cracker Where Art Thou

Startseite Foren Die Tonträger: Aktuell und Antiquariat Aktuelle Platten O‘ Cracker Where Art Thou

Ansicht von 5 Beiträgen - 1 bis 5 (von insgesamt 5)
  • Autor

beatlebum

Quote:
    O‘ Cracker Where Art Thou Release Date Set For MAY 6th.

(Athens, GA) — Pitch-A-Tent Records is pleased to announce the May 6th release of Oh Cracker Where Art Thou?, a collaberation by Cracker and Leftover Salmon. The album consists of live in the studio re-interpretations of classic, and not so classic, Cracker tracks – as opposed to Cracker Jacks, which are minions of dentists. Cracker’s David Lowery and Johnny Hickman sing, and occasionally play an instrument or two, while the Colorado based Leftover Salmon provide the music. In the Summer of 2002, Hickman and Lowery met up with the members of Leftover Salmon in Crackers homebase of Richmond, VA. As a lark they performed a version of Cracker’s ‚Eurotrash Girl.‘ The crowd loved it and it inspired the two bands to work together. Recorded live at Cracker’s Sound of Music studios in Richmond, the songs range from a country waltz version of ‚Eurotrash Girl,‘ a bipolar rocksteady/country ‚Ms. Santa Cruz County,‘ and a Little Feat inspired jam on ‚Sweet Potato.‘ „We hung around the studio for two nights and jammed like the old days when you have a bunch of friends over to jam and reinterepret songs,“ says Lowery. Playful, funny and unencumbered, the recording highlights the fine musicianship of Leftover Salmon, and the singing and songwriting of Cracker. „I’ve played these songs hundreds of times, so Leftover Salmon’s twists made the songs totally fresh to me,“ says Lowery. „‚Get Off This‘ is bluegrass/rocksteady that harkens backs to David Lindley’s El Rayo X. Cracker formed in 1991. Cracker has had a number of hits including ‚Teen Angst,‘ ‚Happy Birthday to Me,‘ ‚Cracker Soul,‘ ‚Sweet Thistle Pie,‘ ‚Low,‘ and ‚Eurotrash Girl.‘ Colorado’s Leftover Salmon formed in 1989. The bands most notable album is The Nashville Sessions, which paired Leftover Salmon with some of Nashville’s finest including Jerry Douglas, Sam Bush, Bela Fleck and Lucinda Williams.

Quelle:http://www.crackersoul.com/

--

Captain Beefheart to audience: Is everyone feeling all right? Audience: Yeahhhhh!!! awright...!!! Captain Beefheart: That's not a soulful question, that's a medical question. It's too hot in here.
    Highlights von Rolling-Stone.de
    Werbung
    #983705  | PERMALINK

wa
    The Horst of all Horsts

Hat die Platte in der Zwischenzeit schon jemand gehört?

--

What's a sweetheart like me doing in a dump like this?
    #983707  | PERMALINK

wa
    The Horst of all Horsts

Anscheinend niemand. Habe sie mir zugelegt.
    Fazit: eine Platte, die man nicht unbedingt braucht (ähnlich wie die Live-CD von Cracjer), die aber trotzdem Spaß macht. Die Cracker-Klassiker funktionieren auch Bluegrass-angehaucht.

--

What's a sweetheart like me doing in a dump like this?
    #983709  | PERMALINK

dominick-birdsey
    Birdcore

Bei Amazon ab 26.1.2004 erhältlich!

--

#983711  | PERMALINK

beatlebum

Schöne, entspannte Platte, wozu Leftover Salmon nicht unwesentlich beitragen.

--

Captain Beefheart to audience: Is everyone feeling all right? Audience: Yeahhhhh!!! awright...!!! Captain Beefheart: That's not a soulful question, that's a medical question. It's too hot in here.
Ansicht von 5 Beiträgen - 1 bis 5 (von insgesamt 5)

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.